Fire. Fire. Fire

In Owner Builder Latest News by G G

If you are an Owner Builder, building with no Construction and Public Liability Insurance in place and in an area where bushfires are a possibility.

You need Construction and Public liability insurance!

“With early indicators pointing to severe bushfire danger in many parts of our country, home owners in rural areas and bush-fringe suburbs need to urgently prepare their properties and personal evacuation plans”

Bushfires are costing Australians millions of dollars in damage each year, and just last year, the bushfires that devastated parts of NSW and Victoria destroyed 125 properties, worth $82.5m in insured losses.

Prepare NOW –

* Know the fire danger rating for any given day.

* Clear leaves, twigs, bark and other debris from the roof and gutters.

* Move flammable items away from your home, such as woodpiles, paper, boxes, crates, hanging baskets and garden furniture.

* Seek out information if you have to and do not assume that you will receive a warning.

* Listen to ABC local radio for updates.

There are significant variations between Construction & Public liability policies so read, check and ring to get a clear understanding of what you are covered for. Look at the policy, saving $50 could cost you your home!!

Last year’s bushfires were a stark reminder of how quickly natural catastrophes can strike, and why it’s so important to have the right level of cover.