For Home Owners

Renovators Home and Contents is a newly developed product to help home renovators who are using a registered builder to extend/renovate their home.

Registered Builders need to extend their Construction and Public liability policy to include the homeowners existing home while renovating/extending, otherwise the homeowner will NOT have Insurance on their existing home and contents.

Home and Contents Insurers will not cover contents and unless you ask for a copy of their policy, do not cover the existing home.

Renovators Home and Contents has been developed to fill the gap to protect the homeowner, using a builder.
It’s a combined product with 3 parts.

1) Builders Construction and Public Liability Insurance. This covers the renovation/extension for the basic protections – fire, theft, storm, water & malicious damage together with Public Liability cover.

2) (Existing) Home When renovations/extensions are over eg. $20 000-$50 000 the home and contents insurer will suspend the home and contents policy because the home has become a building site, a dangerous & prone to theft site & until the project is completed it is outside the scope of the Home and contents policy. Renovators Home and Contents will cover the (existing) home together with the Public Liability component.

3) Contents cover (optional).
This cover us conditional on the renovation/extension & existing home being insured. As the site is a building site, we have been able to secure an attractive contents cover.

Home owners need to talk with their builder to agree on who pays for the policy.


Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to our FAQs section, we have answered your questions here.
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Get in touch with us.


Latest Blog Articles

Have any question or need any Consultation?