1300 850 131  | Contact us

Owner Builder Home Warranty – Victoria

AOBIS is Victoria’s Home Warranty centre. Our size is a reflection of our skill and expertise in this ‘specialist’ area of insurance.  As underwriters with many years of Home Warranty experience we know a thing or two about the issues and safeguards. What we know will assist (you), the Owner Builder protect their long term Warranty obligations. Home Warranty is not difficult but it can be complex, so expertise is the key. But also getting the right advice and just any advice will secure peace of mind.

AOBIS is Home Warranty Victoria central – the process is simple and straightforward so Owner Builders don’t need to tear up forests of paper work to meet statutory requirements.

Need a quick quickly see Preferred Brokers here

Simply follow the 3 step process and Home Warranty is delivered to your door same day.
  1. Download and complete the Home Warranty  Application Form (link from downloads)
  2. Attach the following documents:
    1. Owner Building Permit
    2. Building Permit
    3. Final / occupancy  certificate
    4. Defects Reports (current)
    5. Drivers Licence 
  3. Send your Application Form complete with the above noted supporting documents to AOBIS

Got a question?  speak to a specialist Broker

Need a quote?  see a specialist Broker

  1. For a quick quote you will need to supply the following information- specialist Home Warranty Broker can be found here (click) or email information to email hidden; JavaScript is required for an immediate Broker response.
  2. Post code of Owner Builder property to be sold
  3. Value of works
  4. Building permit date
  5. Final / occupancy date 

Home Warranty Insurance Background

When selling a property that has been owner built or renovated you may require Home Warranty insurance if:

  1. It’s a domestic building project and the value of work exceeded $12,000
  2. The construction works were ‘completed’ within the last six years of the proposed sale date. Completion date is the date of issue of the Occupancy Permit (for new dwellings) or the Certificate of Final Inspection (for additions/renovations etc). Where an Occupancy Permit or Certificate of Final Inspection is not issued, or is not required to be issued, the ‘prescribed period’ is seven years from the issue of the building permit, or if a building permit is not issued, six years from the commencement of the works.

Owner Builders must obtain Home Warranty Insurance prior to entering into a contract to sell the property. It is not possible to include a conditional clause in the contract of sale.

It is therefore critical that a Home Warranty Policy is put in place prior to signing the contract of sale. The policy does not commence until the contract of sale is signed.

You may also wish to review our frequently asked questions or speak to a qualified Broker.

For Full Course Purchase Owner Builder
Construction & Public Liability Insurance