Owner Builder Home Warranty - Victoria
AOBIS is Victoria’s Home Warranty centre. Our size is a reflection of our skill and expertise in this ‘specialist’ area of insurance. As underwriters with many years of Home Warranty experience we know a thing or two about the issues and safeguards. What we know will assist (you), the Owner Builder protect their long term Warranty obligations. Home Warranty is not difficult but it can be complex, so expertise is the key. But also getting the right advice and just any advice will secure peace of mind.
AOBIS is Home Warranty Victoria central – the process is simple and straightforward so Owner Builders don’t need to tear up forests of paper work to meet statutory requirements.
- Download and complete the Home Warranty Application Form (link from downloads)
- Attach the following documents:
- Owner Building Permit
- Building Permit
- Final / occupancy certificate
- Defects Reports (current)
- Send your Application Form complete with the abovenoted supporting documents to AOBIS
Got a question? not sure see faq’s
- Post code of Owner Builder property to be sold
- Value of works
- Building permit date
- Final / occupancy date
- And your details to allow us to respond quickly.
Our volume of business coupled with internal systems efficiencies, allow us to extend volume discounted premiums.
Home Warranty Insurance Background
When selling a property that has been owner built or renovated you may require Home Warranty insurance if:
- It’s a domestic building project and the value of work exceeded $12,000
- The construction works were ‘completed’ within the last six years of the proposed sale date. Completion date is the date of issue of the Occupancy Permit (for new dwellings) or the Certificate of Final Inspection (for additions/renovations etc). Where an Occupancy Permit or Certificate of Final Inspection is not issued, or is not required to be issued, the ‘prescribed period’ is seven years from the issue of the building permit, or if a building permit is not issued, six years from the commencement of the works.
Owner Builders must obtain Home Warranty Insurance prior to entering into a contract to sell the property. It is not possible to include a conditional clause in the contract of sale.
It is therefore critical that a Home Warranty Policy is put in place prior to signing the contract of sale. The policy does not commence until the contract of sale is signed.
You may also wish to review our frequently asked questions for Owner Builders.
More than ever before Owner Builder specific skills, knowledge and value adding service levels will drive customer satisfaction, security and comfort.
AOBIS is Australia’s exclusive Owner Builder underwriting agency – we know, live and protect Owner Builders across the nation. We don’t tie our customers up in paper work. We speak in plain English. Our job is to serve our customer with professional ease, swiftly, with detail and confidence.
Need a Home Warranty quote? Email or send us the following and we can quote immediately:
- Cost of residential Owner Builder works
- Date of final inspections or occupancy certificate date
- Postcode of the owner built residence
How to Obtain Home Warranty without fuss. It's a 3 step process:
- Home owner should obtain a current Defects Report, prepared by an approved Building Inspector
- Complete an Application Form Owner Builder Warranty Application form
Attach copies or Building Permit and Certificate of Occupancy,
Our response time is normally within 120 minutes and of course subject to quality and detail of your Application.